Convergent Journalism and Public Relations (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|COM 205||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 305||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COM 311||Crisis and Risk Communication||3|
|COM 342||Intercultural Communication||3|
|COM 410||Organizational Communication||3|
|COM 420||Research Methods in Communication||3|
|JOU 104||Digital Photography||3|
|JOU 204||Digital Videography||3|
|JOU 227||Media Design||3|
|JOU 311||Griffon Media||6|
|JOU 324||Web Content and Design||3|
|JOU 402||Senior Project||3|
|JOU 403||Media Law and Ethics||3|
|JOU 432||Social Media Branding||3|
|ENG 303||Grammar for Writing and Editing||3|
|COM 215||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|or JOU 202||Reporting for the Media|
|COM 482||Public Relations Writing||3|
|or JOU 322||Advanced Reporting|
|COM 415||Public Relations Campaigns||3|
|or JOU 428||Multimedia Storytelling|
Program Graduation Requirements
- No more than one D is permitted in the major.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.