International Students (F1)
- Complete an Application for admission and pay the $50 application fee.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Official transcript(s) must be submitted.
- A minimum 2.75 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) or previously earned master’s degree.
- International students transferring from other U.S. colleges or universities must submit official and complete transcripts from each institution to determine eligibility. If the student has studied outside of the U.S., they must submit official and complete transcripts from each institution and course descriptions to determine college credit. If the documents are not in English, the student must also provide an English translation. If the student chooses not to provide transcripts and course descriptions, they must arrange and pay for a course by course evaluation from a NACES accredited evaluation provider such as WES at wes.org.
- A minimum graduate-level entrance exam score, as designated by the department or graduate program.
- Individual programs may have further requirements for admissions such as resume, letters of recommendation, and interview. Requirements specific to the program are given in the graduate program section of the University’s Graduate Catalog.
Applicants must submit Mumps, Measles, & Rubella Immunization Certificate and be tested for Tuberculosis.
Health insurance is required of all international students with a F1 visa status. Students must enroll in the Missouri Western International Student Health Plan. The cost of the required coverage must be paid by the student and will be applied to the student's account upon registration.
Missouri Western will only issue an I-20 form when all requirements for admission have been met. Accepted graduate international students must be enrolled as a full-time student (eight to nine semester hours) during each semester in order to maintain their F1 visa status. The deadline for submission of all requirements for admission and I-20 issuance is sixty (60) days prior to the first day of classes. Missouri Western strongly recommends ninety (120) days to ensure timely receipt of the student visa.
Exchange Students (J1)
- Complete the Application for Admission, Exchange Application and Application Fee of $50 U.S. dollars.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores with a minimum of 79 on the Internet-based exam, or 6.0 on the (IELTS) International English Language Test System
- Official transcript from home institution
- Letter of good standing and verification of enrollment in a bachelor program
- Two letters of recommendation from professors that can certify applicant's English ability
- Financial Support Form and verification of financial resources (students must make payment by the first day of classes)
- Health insurance is required of all international students with a J1 visa status. Students must enroll in Missouri Western's International Student Health Plan. The cost of the required coverage must be paid by the student and will be applied to the student's account upon registration.
Applicants must submit Mumps, Measles, & Rubella Immunization Certificate and be tested for Tuberculosis
Note: Students whose immigration status is other than F1 or J1 will be reviewed for admission on a case by case basis.