Applied Behavior Support Services (Microcredential)
The microcredential is aligned with the applied mission of MWSU and designed to respond to community needs for pre- and post-baccalaureate professionals who can implement effective behavior support services in home, school, and community settings.
Students who choose this microcredential program will have no more than 3 years from admission or subsequent declaration to meet the requirements listed below. If certification, accreditation or statutory requirements change and additional requirements become effective during this time, the new requirements take precedence.
|Psychology of Communication
|Life-Span Developmental Psychology
|or PSY 319
|or PSY 321
|Principles of ABA Therapy
|Independent Research/Project 1
|or PSY 420
|Practicum in Psychology
|Total Credit Hours
Students need department approval to take PSY 450 Independent Research/Project.
Note: PSY 101 General Psychology will be waived as a prerequisite for microcredential courses.
- Earn a minimum of 9 credit hours (transfer coursework will not be accepted).
- Earn a GPA of at least 2.0 in the required coursework.
- Transfer coursework will not be accepted for a microcredential.
- Degree-seeking students cannot earn a microcredential in the same area as their major, emphasis, or concentration.
- Degree-seeking students must earn a minimum of 3 credit hours beyond their major, emphasis, concentration, and general studies requirements.
- Participate in required departmental and campus-wide assessments.