Graphic Design (Bachelor of Fine Arts, B.F.A.)
The four-year Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Graphic Design degree at Missouri Western will prepare you for a career as a graphic artist.
Graphic designers plan, analyze, and create visual solutions to communications problems. They decide the most effective way of getting a message across in print, electronic, and film media using a variety of methods such as color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
A bachelor’s degree is required for most entry-level and advanced graphic design positions.
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|ART 110||Beginning Drawing I||3|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 129||Design Software Applications||3|
|ART 160||Beginning Drawing II||3|
|ART 170||Three-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 192||Digital Imaging||3|
|ART 205||Survey of Art History I||3|
|ART 255||Survey of Art History II||3|
|ART 290||Graphic Design I||3|
|ART 292||Graphic Design II||3|
|ART 315||Illustration I||3|
|ART 344||User Experience Design||3|
|ART 349||Interactive Design I||3|
|ART 359||Photography I||3|
|ART 390||Graphic Design III||3|
|ART 449||Interactive Design II||3|
|ART 488||Final Portfolio||3|
|ART 490||Graphic Design IV||3|
|ART 493||Internship In Art||2-6|
|Select six additional credit hours of advanced graphic design electives||6|
|Graphic Design II|
|Graphic Design III|
|Graphic Design IV|
|Select three additional credit hours of guided electives||6|
|Topics in Ancient/Medieval Art|
|Topics in Modern/Contemporary Art|
|Topics in Renaissance/Baroque Art|
|Topics in Non-Western Art|
|Internship In Art|
|Introduction to Mass Media|
|Principles of Marketing|
|Advertising and Promotion|
|Selection six additional credit hours of Art History||6|
Program Graduation Requirements
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.