Military and Veteran Services
Missouri Western State University assists military members and veterans, their dependents and active duty service-members attending classes and receiving veteran benefits. The University is a Yellow Ribbon Program participating institution and also participates in the Community College of the Air Force’s (CCAF) General Education Mobile (GEM) program.
Missouri Western State University is in compliance with the requirement of PL 113-146 the Veteran Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014, Section 702, as amended. Missouri Western will assess in-state tuition for eligible uniformed service veterans and their qualified dependents covered under Section 702. The School Certifying Official, located in the Financial Aid Office (Eder Hall, Room 103), coordinates the services for veterans including:
- certification of enrollment for educational benefits;
- referrals for tutorial assistance;
- referrals for counseling for financial, personal, vocational, and academic problems;
- veterans work study job information;
- information about changes in legislative regulations which affect veterans; and
- information about MWSU procedures.
The School Certifying Official also acts as a direct liaison between Missouri Western State University and the Veterans Administration Regional Office in St. Louis regarding payment of benefits. Additional information is available online at www.missouriwestern.edu/finaid.