Financial Aid & Payment
The goal of the Missouri Western State University Financial Aid Office is to provide students and their families with a professional, unbiased approach to making the dream of higher education a reality. Our objectives include helping students attain a higher education by providing eligible students the maximum amount of financial assistance from all available sources, while keeping student loan debt as low as possible.
The Missouri Western State University Financial Aid Office belongs to the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA). We adhere to a code of ethics requiring us to be “committed to removing financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning.” In adhering to this code of ethics, our student aid professionals make every effort to seek and recommend the best alternatives for our students.
This section provides basic information related to application procedures, federal regulations, eligibility requirements, cost of education and Missouri Western policies. Additional information regarding these, and other topics, is available online at www.missouriwestern.edu/finaid.
- Estimated cost of attending Missouri Western (information and calculators).
- Sources of federal, state, institutional and private assistance.
- Financial Aid application procedures.
- Missouri Western and affiliated scholarship application procedures.
- Student and parent loan information.
- Financial aid forms.
- Services available to veterans.
- The rights and responsibilities of students receiving financial assistance.
- Statistical information concerning the types of financial assistance received by Missouri Western students.
- Policies and other information concerning the administration of financial assistance at Missouri Western.
Communication to Students
The Office of Financial Aid communicates with enrolled and prospective students using the student’s Missouri Western email and GoldLink accounts. As a general rule, financial aid notices will not be sent by postal mail. Students are responsible for monitoring their status online through GoldLink and for ALL communications sent to their Missouri Western email account. Students who do not elect to receive electronic communication from Missouri Western should contact the Office of Financial Aid for additional information.