Special Education (Microcredential)
The Special Education Microcredential was created for individuals with a special needs child, a special education para professional in a school, or an individual who is unsure of their ability to obtain a higher education degree.
|EDU 202||Introduction to Education||3|
|EDU 315||Psychology and Education of the Exceptional Child||3|
|EDU 370||Behavior Management||3|
|Choose 1 of the following:|
|EDU 150||Psychological Development for Children & Adolescents for Educators||3|
|or EDU 308||Multicultural Education|
|or EDU 352||Introduction to Cross-Categorical Disabilities|
|or EDU 357||Introduction to Early Childhood Special Education: Curriculum Development|
- A grade of C or higher in all courses
- Admission to the Education Department and EDU 203 Participation in Teaching I prerequisites will be waived for microcredential courses.
- Earn a minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 in all the required coursework.
- Transfer coursework will not be accepted for a microcredential.
- Degree-seeking students cannot earn a microcredential in the same area as their major, emphasis, or concentration.
- Degree-seeking students must earn a minimum of 3 credit hours beyond their major, emphasis, concentration, and general studies requirements.