Early Childhood Education without Certification Option (Bachelor of Science in Education, B.S.E.)
Early Childhood Education majors lacking only EDU 400 Seminar in Early Childhood Education and Human Relations (3 credits) and EDU 462 Early Childhood Student Teaching III (9 credits) may choose a B.S.E. in Early Education Degree without certification option.
Early Childhood Education majors short of hours may complete the program by choosing any course(s) from the Childhood Studies minor or approved by the Education Department.
- No passed Education courses may be repeated.
- Education courses must be passed at a C or higher.
- Election of the B.S.E. in Early Childhood Education without certification option must be approved by the Department Chairperson.
Program Graduation Requirements
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.50 and a major GPA of at least 3.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.