Nursing and Business Administration (Master of Science in Nursing, M.S.N.)
In addition, the nursing and business programs offer a Master of Science in Nursing in Health Care Leadership/Master of Business Administration degree. This dual degree program consists of 47 credit hours, 26 nursing hours and 21 business hours.
Graduates will demonstrate leadership abilities in:
- Promoting professional practice
- Creating effective work environments
- Applying health informatics for informed decision-making
- Leading and developing teams
- Managing resources effectively
- Embracing organizational complexity and change
- Fostering evidenced-based practice
- Influencing healthcare policy
- Submission of application for admission to the MWSU Graduate School.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 and nursing GPA 3.0 or higher.
- B.S.N. from a CCNE, ACEN, or CNEA accredited college or university.
- Evidence of current, unencumbered RN license .
- Completion of undergraduate statistics and research methods courses with a minimum of ‘B’ in each.
- Completed MSN program application.
- A supporting statement of interest discussing career goals and interest selected program track.
- Criminal background checks may be required. An applicant who has been found guilty of a Class A or B Felony may not be admitted.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
In addition to the criteria for MSN admission, students interested in the MSN Health Care Leadership/MBA program need to meet the MBA admission criteria:
1. Students with a BSBA degree from an AACSB accredited program are unconditionally admitted with:
- An overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher); OR
- An overall GPA of 2.75 (or higher) with a 3.0 (or higher) in the last 60 hours.
2. In addition to the above GPA requirements; non-BSBA graduates and BSBA graduates from non-AACSB programs are conditionally admitted and must earn a 3.0 GPA after the first 9 graduate hours for full admission.
The following is recommended for students in category 2:
- Completion of undergraduate AACSB accredited business course in the areas of accounting, finance, management, marketing, and statistics; OR
- Completion of any recommended MWSU online bridging modules.
|NUR 501||Foundations for Nursing Leadership||3|
|NUR 504||Professional Role Development for Nursing Leaders||3|
|NUR 505||Nursing Seminar I||1|
|NUR 507||Statistics for Decision Support||3|
|NUR 616||Research for Evidence-Based Nursing Leadership||3|
|NUR 624||Nursing Seminar II||1|
|NUR 650||Nurse Leader Internship 1||3|
|ACC 633||Foundations of Finance and Accounting||3|
|MKT 633||Applied Strategic Marketing||3|
|MGT 633||Contemporary Issues in Management||3|
|MIM 633||Business Intelligence and Analytics||3|
|MIM 643||Supply Chain and Customer Relationship Management||3|
|MGT 603||Organizational Theory||3|
|MGT 695||Applied Strategic Management||3|
|Total Credit Hours||38|
Clinical hours are a required course component.
|NUR 506||Health Care Policy, Organization, and Financing||3|
|NUR 607||Leadership in Financial Management||3|
|NUR 618||Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Diverse Populations||3|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
- Filing an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than one grade of C in all NUR required coursework and no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- Official approval of required capstone.