Nurse Educator (Graduate Certificate)
A graduate Nurse Educator Certificate is also available. This option requires completion of 15 credit hours and is designed to serve those individuals who do not want to complete the full MSN program, but desire to build knowledge and skills specific to the academic or professional staff development educator role.
- Submission of application for admission to the MWSU Graduate School.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 and nursing GPA 3.0 or higher.
- B.S.N. from a CCNE, ACEN, or CNEA accredited college or university.
- Evidence of current, unencumbered RN license .
- Completion of undergraduate statistics and research methods courses with a minimum of ‘B’ in each.
- Completed MSN program application.
- A supporting statement of interest discussing career goals and interest selected program track.
- Criminal background checks may be required. An applicant who has been found guilty of a Class A or B Felony may not be admitted.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Students who are accepted to this program will have no more than 3 years from admission or subsequent declaration to meet the requirements listed below. If certification, accreditation or statutory requirements change and additional requirements become effective during this time, the new requirements take precedence.
|NUR 504||Professional Role Development for Nursing Leaders||3|
|NUR 608||Curriculum and Program Development||3|
|NUR 610||Instructional and Evaluation Strategies||3|
|Select six credit hours from the following (at least three credit hours must be 600 level):||6|
|Foundations for Nursing Leadership|
|Advanced Health Assessment and Health Promotion|
|Statistics for Decision Support|
|Informatics for Decision Support|
|Research for Evidence-Based Nursing Leadership|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
Program Graduation Requirement
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than one grade of C in all required coursework.
University Graduation Requirements
- Satisfactorily complete all required coursework in the program;
- Earn a minimum of 15 credit hours.