Forensic Investigations (Graduate Certificate)
Dr. Monty Smith, Program Director
The Graduate Certificate in Forensic Investigations is ideal for the student who has already earned a graduate degree in another discipline and seeks to increase or formalize their knowledge of forensic fields. The Certificate will also be of interest to persons already employed in a related field, but not requiring a degree.
- Submission of application for admission to the MWSU Graduate School.
- Completion of a B.A. or B.S. degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum overall G.P.A. of 2.75.
- Completion of a 300 or 400 level undergraduate research course with a grade of C or higher as approved by the Program Director.
- Personal Statement describing how the Forensic Investigations degree will further their career goals.
- Two letters of reference; one from an academic source and another from an employer. References and Personal Statement should be submitted to the Forensic Investigation Program Director.
- Application reviewed and approved by the MAS Forensic Investigations Admissions Committee.
|CRJ 500||Death Investigation||3|
|CRJ 570||Criminal Investigative Methods||3|
|CRJ 600||Criminal Law, Evidence and Legal Procedures||3|
|CRJ 640||Computer Forensics||3|
|Select six credit hours from the following courses:||6|
|Auditing for Fraud|
|Bloodstain Pattern Analysis in Violent Crimes|
|Forensic Anthropology for Law Enforcement|
|Human Remains: Search, Recovery, and Identification|
|Profiling and Behavioral Analysis|
|Administration, Planning, and Ethics|
|Courtroom Testimony and Procedure|
|Forensic Photography and Crime Scene Investigation|
|Analysis of Biological Evidence|
|Analysis of Physical Evidence|
|Internet Commerce Fraud and Investigation|
|Advanced Research Methods|
|Research and Publication|
CRJ 696-699: Special Topics
|Total Credit Hours||18|
Program Graduation Requirements
- Filing of an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- At least half of the 18 credit hours must be 600-level.