Bachelor of Science in Technology (B.S.T.)
The Bachelor of Science in Technology degree with a custom major is designed for the student who has completed a career-oriented associate degree program (A.A.S. or A.S.) from an accredited college or university, (2) who has a significant number of credits in applied coursework from a regionally accredited college or university, or (3) who has a significant number of credits based on military training as recommended by the American Council on Education and desires the bachelor's degree with an additional concentration in an approved area of study.
- Complete MWSU general studies requirements (42-47 credit hours) for the Bachelor of Science degree.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper division courses. Lower division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in an approved area of concentration outside of the field of an associate degree, applied coursework or military training, with at least 18 credit hours in upper division courses. The courses in the area of concentration must be approved by the primary department of the area and by the dean of the college/school in which the area of concentration is earned.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.00 and a major (concentration) GPA of at least 2.3.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
Visit the Western Institute in Spratt 105 or call (816) 271-4109 for program details.