Marketing (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, B.S.B.A.)
Marketing majors develop the conceptual background and practical skills necessary to pursue careers in a broad range of fields. Students focus on creative problem solving while taking their classroom experience into the real world. Students work alongside successful businesses and organizations, developing plans to help them grow. Possible careers include: Retail Sales Management, Market Research, Advertising and Promotion, Communications, Consumer Product Marketing, Industrial Marketing.
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|Business Foundation Courses (BFC)||33|
|ACC 201||Introductory Financial Accounting||3|
|ACC 202||Introductory Managerial Accounting||3|
|ECO 260||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECO 261||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|FIN 301||Financial Management||3|
|GBA 201||Business Analytics & Reporting||3|
|GBA 210||Business Statistics I||3|
|MGT 350||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MKT 301||Principles of Marketing||3|
|SCM 301||Principles of Supply Chain Management||3|
|Additional BSBA Requirements||15|
|MGT 416||Production and Operations Management||3|
|ACC 418||Accounting Information Systems||3|
|or MGT 418||Management Information Systems|
|MGT 419||Strategic Management||3|
|or PHL 232||Business Ethics|
|Select three credit hours of Applied Learning course(s)||3|
|Major Requirements 1||24|
|MKT 311||Consumer Behavior||3|
|MKT 351||Professional Selling and Sales Management||3|
|MKT 381||Advertising and Promotion||3|
|MKT 401||Marketing Research||3|
|MKT 451||International Marketing and Trade||3|
|MKT 481||Marketing Management||3|
|PSY 101||General Psychology||3|
|Select one upper-division Business elective||3|
At least 18 credit hours in the major must be earned from the Steven L. Craig School of Business.
Credit for additional BSBA requirements must be earned from the Steven L. Craig School of Business.
NOTE: All upper-division Business courses required for the BSBA must be taken from the Steven L. Craig School of Business, from an AACSB accredited university or from a school with an approved articulation agreement.
Program Graduation Requirements
- No more than 6 credit hours of D permitted in major coursework
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA or at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.