Missouri Western State University assists veterans, their dependents and active duty service-members attending classes and receiving veteran benefits. The University is a Yellow Ribbon Program participating institution and also complies with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014. The School Certifying Official, located in the Financial Aid Office (Eder Hall, Room 103), coordinates the services including:
- certification of enrollment for educational benefits;
- referrals for tutorial assistance;
- referrals for counseling for financial, personal, vocational, and academic problems;
- veterans work study job information;
- information about changes in legislative regulations which affect veterans; and
- information about MWSU procedures.
The School Certifying Official also acts as a direct liaison between Missouri Western State University and the Veterans Administration Regional Office in St. Louis regarding payment of benefits. Additional information is available online at www.missouriwestern.edu/finaid.