Business Administration (Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.)
The MWSU Master of Business Administration degree is an AACSB accredited professional program that offers onsite or online delivery options. Both options are designed to accommodate working professionals seeking to advance their careers as well as recent graduates eager to advance into graduate studies. The MBA degree provides students of all educational and professional backgrounds a broad business education that focuses on applied education, analytics, and decision making skills. Core courses in the program include business disciplines covering accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
The onsite option offers two unique concentrations to support students’ career goals. The General Business concentration allows students to focus on graduate work in business or the student’s particular professional discipline. The Forensic Accounting concentration is designed for students interested in forensic fields of study or accounting students completing the requirements for the CPA examination.
The online option is an accelerated General Business concentration allowing students to complete the program in one year. Courses are delivered online in an eight week format.
Prospective MBA students must meet the following criteria:
Students must have a Bachelor's degree with:
- An overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) OR
- An overall GPA of 2.75 (or higher) with a 3.0 (or higher) in the last 60 hours
In addition to the above GPA requirements, one of the following must be met:
- Completion of AACSB accredited business courses in the areas of accounting, finance, management, marketing, and statistics OR
- A GMAT score (or GRE equivalent) of 450 or higher OR
- Completion of any required MWSU online bridging modules
|ACC 633||Foundations of Finance and Accounting||3|
|MGT 603||Organizational Theory||3|
|MGT 633||Contemporary Issues in Management||3|
|MKT 633||Applied Strategic Marketing||3|
|MIM 633||Business Intelligence and Analytics||3|
|MIM 643||Supply Chain and Customer Relationship Management||3|
|MGT 695||Applied Strategic Management||3|
|Select one of the following concentrations:|
General Business 1
Onsite and online delivery options are available with this concentration.
|ACC 613||Forensic Accounting||3|
|Six credit hours from the following electives||6|
|Auditing for Fraud|
|Criminal Law, Evidence and Legal Procedures|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
|Select nine credit hours of graduate level courses (with a maximum of six credit hours at the 500 level)||9|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
The General Business concentration is offered onsite as well as online. The online option is a one year accelerated program.
- Filing an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- Official approval of required Master Educator Experience (or capstone).