Laboratory Technician Pre-Apprenticeship (Microcredential)
The Laboratory Technician Pre-Apprenticeship Microcredential will prepare students to enter the Chemical Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Program (a Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship). Student entering the Chemical Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Program must be able to demonstrate basic familiarity and competency in biology, chemistry, laboratory operations and activity prior to beginning their apprenticeship.
Students who choose this microcredential program will have no more than 3 years from admission or subsequent declaration to meet the requirements listed below. If certification, accreditation or statutory requirements change and additional requirements become effective during this time, the new requirements take precedence.
|Principles of Biology
|or BIO 105
|Principles of Organismal Biology
|or BIO 106
|Principles of Cell Biology
|General Chemistry I
|Basic Laboratory Skills
|Total Credit Hours
- Earn a minimum of 9 credit hours (transfer coursework will not be accepted).
- Earn a GPA of at least 2.0 in the required coursework.
- Transfer coursework will not be accepted for a microcredential.
- Degree-seeking students cannot earn a microcredential in the same area as their major, emphasis, or concentration.
- Degree-seeking students must earn a minimum of 3 credit hours beyond their major, emphasis, concentration, and general studies requirements.
- Participate in required departmental and campus-wide assessments.