Laboratory Technician Pre-Apprenticeship (Microcredential)
The Laboratory Technician Pre-Apprenticeship Microcredential will prepare students to enter the Chemical Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Program (a Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship). Student entering the Chemical Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Program must be able to demonstrate basic familiarity and competency in biology, chemistry, laboratory operations and activity prior to beginning their apprenticeship.
|CHE 111||General Chemistry I||5|
|CHE 150||Basic Laboratory Skills||2|
|MAT 116||College Algebra||3|
|BIO 101||Principles of Biology||4|
|or BIO 105||Principles of Organismal Biology|
|or BIO 106||Principles of Cell Biology|
- Earn a minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 in the required coursework.
- Transfer coursework will not be accepted for a microcredential.
- Degree-seeking students cannot earn a microcredential in the same area as their major, emphasis, or concentration.
- Degree-seeking students must earn a minimum of 3 credit hours beyond their major, emphasis, concentration, and general studies requirements.