Performing and Cinematic Arts (Bachelor of Applied Arts, B.A.A.)
The Bachelor of Applied Arts in Performing and Cinematic Arts is a production-heavy program that incorporates both traditional film practices and current industry visual effects, providing a complete modern digital cinema degree.
Graduates will complete the program with a thesis-level film and a portfolio that reflects the career they wish to specialize in.
Students who choose this bachelor degree program will have no more than 6 years from admission or subsequent declaration to meet the requirements listed below. If certification, accreditation or statutory requirements change and additional requirements become effective during this time, the new requirements take precedence.
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42|
|ART 129||Design Software Applications||3|
|ART 190||Digital 3D Fundamentals||3|
|CIN 100||Introduction to Film||3|
|CIN 130||Digital Cinema Survey||3|
|CIN 190||Cinema Structure and Aesthetics||2|
|CIN 245||Production I||3|
|CIN 250||Production Participation||2|
|CIN 253||Audio Production||3|
|CIN 280||Portfolio I||1|
|Select two of the following courses:||6|
|Greenscreen & Rotoscoping|
|CIN 340||Acting for the Camera||3|
|CIN 345||Production II||3|
|CIN 361||Cinema Internship||1-3|
|CIN 430||VFX Supervising||3|
|or CIN 495||Thesis|
|CIN 480||Portfolio II||1|
|ENT 201||Entrepreneurship I||3|
|MKT 301||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Electives - Three credit hours from the following Upper Division Classes:||3|
|Cinematic Sound and Music|
Program Graduation Requirement
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.