Cybersecurity (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|ACT 101||Introduction to Information Technology||3|
|ACT 301||Applied Database Systems||3|
|CSC 184||Introduction to Computer Programming||3|
|CSC 264||Computer Architecture and Assembly Language Programming||3|
|CSC 274||Introduction to Unix/Linux||3|
|CSC 294||Networking and Telecommunications||3|
|CSC 374||UNIX/Linux System Administration||3|
|CSC 386||Operating Systems Concepts||3|
|ETC 200||Introduction to Technical Communication||3|
|MAT 116||College Algebra||3|
|SEC 300||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|
|SEC 335||Network and Endpoint Security I||3|
|SEC 415||Data Security and Identity Management 1||3|
|SEC 425||Ethical Hacking 1||3|
|SEC 435||Network and Endpoint Security II 1||3|
|SEC 445||Security Program Governance 1||3|
|SEC 455||Cyberlaw and Investigations 1||3|
|SEC 490||Cybersecurity Career Preparation||1|
|Select six credit hours of the following:||6|
|Internship in Computer Science|
|Professional Certification in Computing|
|Total Credit Hours||103-108|
500-level versions of these courses are also available to meet these requirements. Students desiring to take 500 level courses must meet the criteria required for undergraduates to enroll in graduate level courses.
Program Graduation Requirements
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.