Legal Assistant Certificate
|LAT 101||Introduction to Law||3|
|LAT 115||Paralegal Studies||3|
|LAT 220||Legal Research||3|
|LAT 250||Legal Computer Applications||3|
|LAT 310||Legal Drafting||3|
|LAT 400||Advanced Legal Research||3|
|LAW 365||Practicum I||3|
|or LAW 465||Internship|
|Select nine credit hours from the following:||9|
|Introduction to Mediation|
|Study Away in Criminal Justice & Legal Studies|
|Civil Rights Law|
|Selected Legal Topics|
|Business Law I|
|Business Law II|
|Family and Child Welfare|
|Substance Use and Disorders|
|Death And Dying|
NOTE: Students must complete a Contact Information form prior to graduation. Per ABA program approval guidelines, students must also complete an exit interview with selected department faculty.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn 9 of the last 15 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- No more than 2 courses with a grade of D permitted in major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.5.
The Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program may be found here.