History (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
*Effective Fall 2020, this program is being phased out and has a 3-year teach out plan. More information can be found here.
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|HIS 120||Modern World History||3|
|HIS 140||American History to 1865||3|
|HIS 150||American History since 1865||3|
|HIS 200||Ancient and Medieval Civilization||3|
|HIS 210||Early Modern Civilization||3|
|HIS 230||Modern Europe: 1789 to the Present||3|
|HIS 290||The Historian's Craft||3|
|GEO 100||World Geography||3|
|PHL 219||Reasoning and Argumentation||3|
|Select twenty-one credit hours in upper level History from the following 1|
|American History elective||3|
|Non-American History Pre-1500 elective||3|
|Non-American Post-1500 elective||3|
|Upper level History 300 or higher||12|
|Plus six additional credits from the following 2|
|Cognate elective numbered 200 or higher||3|
|MWSU Minor or 2nd Major 3||18|
Excluding HIS 365 Methods of Teaching Social Studies
Courses are to be chosen from across Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, Religion or Sociology.
A MWSU minor or a simultaneous MWSU 2nd major.
Program Graduation Requirements
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework, including History coursework not used within the major.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.