Strategic Communication (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
*Effective Fall 2020, this program is scheduled for redesign. More information can be found here.
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|COM 205||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 215||Introduction to Strategic Communication||3|
|COM 222||Communication Theory||3|
|COM 311||Crisis and Risk Communication||3|
|COM 320||Research Methods In Communication||3|
|COM 382||Strategic Communication Writing||3|
|COM 410||Organizational Communication||3|
|COM 415||Strategic Communication Campaigns||3|
|COM 444||Strategic Communication Practices||3|
|JOU 104||Introduction to Digital Photography||3|
|JOU 210||Journalism Practicum: Newspaper Production||2|
|or JOU 212||Journalism Practicum: Yearbook Production|
|JOU 214||Journalism Practicum: Broadcast Production||2|
|JOU 227||Publication Design||3|
|JOU 324||Web Content and Design||3|
|JOU 402||Senior Project||3|
|Choose one course from the following:||3|
|Special Topics in Strat Com.|
|Plus six credit hours form the following:||6|
Any COM 300-level or higher course
|Selected Topics in Journalism|
|Social Media Branding|
Program Graduation Requirements
- No more than one D permitted in major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.