Communication (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
*Effective Fall 2020, this program is being phased out and has a 3-year teach out plan. More information can be found here.
|Students must complete General Studies courses|
|COM 205||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 222||Communication Theory||3|
|COM 304||Media and Society||3|
|COM 305||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COM 320||Research Methods In Communication||3|
|COM 324||Small Group Communication||3|
|COM 338||Survey of Rhetorical Theory||3|
|COM 342||Intercultural Communication||3|
|COM 345||Nonverbal Communication||3|
|COM 410||Organizational Communication||3|
|COM 460||Internship 1||3|
|COM 481||Senior Portfolio 2||1|
|Electives - 12 credits from the following (minimum of 9 credits of COM courses)||12|
|Introduction to Strategic Communication|
|Interviewing Principles and Practices|
|Crisis and Risk Communication|
|Selected Topics in Communication|
|Reporting for the Media|
|Social Media Branding|
|Psychology of Gender|
Or other department approved course.
Must be completed during the semester of graduation, except for Summer graduates who must complete the course in the Spring semester prior to graduation.
Program Graduation Requirements
- No more than one D permitted in major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.