Psychology (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|PSY 101||General Psychology||3|
|BIO 101||Principles of Biology||4|
|or BIO 105||Principles of Organismal Biology|
|PSY 200||Intermediate Psychology||3|
|PSY 300||Introductory Psychological Statistics||3|
|PSY 301||Psychology Research Methods||3|
|PSY 303||Psychology Research Team||3|
|PSY 490||Senior Seminar||3|
|Select one of the following concentrations:||27-37|
At least 3 credit hours numbered 300 or higher required. These electives may be chosen from the remaining courses in the restricted core electives above or from other offerings.
|Select one course from each of the following restricted elective core groupings:|
|Psychology of Gender|
or PSY 230
|Psychology of Communication|
or PSY 260
|Learning and Memory|
or PSY 340
|Introduction to Neuroscience|
or PSY 355
|Sensation and Perception|
or PSY 365
or PSY 325
|Psychology of Personality|
or PSY 400
|Introduction to Psychological Testing and Assessment|
|History and Systems Core||3|
|History and Systems in Psychology|
Additional 6 credit hours of psychology electives (at least 3 credit hours 300 level or higher)
|Total Credit Hours||24|
Organizational Leadership Concentration
This concentration is recommended for those students seeking employment in human resources, public relations, or other positions in business or industry where one works closely with employees or the public. It should be noted that the concentration does not provide technical training in personnel management, but rather a liberal arts background and preparation for on-the-job training.
|PSY 230||Psychology of Communication||3|
|PSY 310||Industrial/Organizational Psychology||3|
|PSY 325||Psychology of Personality||3|
|PSY 365||Social Psychology||3|
|PSY 420||Practicum in Psychology||4|
|ACC 201||Introductory Financial Accounting||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 324||Small Group Communication||3|
|ECO 260||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|GBA 211||Business Law I||3|
|MGT 350||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MKT 301||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Total Credit Hours||37|
Note: It is recommended that all students preparing for graduate school take PSY 430 History and Systems in Psychology; this is a requirement for entrance to many graduate schools.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.