Psychology (Bachelor of Arts, B.A.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|PSY 101||General Psychology||3|
|BIO 101||Principles of Biology||4|
|or BIO 105||Principles of Organismal Biology|
|PSY 200||Intermediate Psychology||3|
|PSY 300||Introductory Psychological Statistics||3|
|PSY 301||Psychology Research Methods||3|
|PSY 303||Psychology Research Team||3|
|PSY 430||History and Systems in Psychology||3|
|PSY 490||Senior Seminar||3|
|Restricted Elective Core Requirements|
|Select at least one from each of the following groupings:||18|
|Psychology of Gender|
|Psychology of Communication|
|Motivation and Emotion|
|Introduction to Neuroscience|
|Sensation and Perception|
|Adaptive Behavior Core:|
|Psychology of Personality|
|Introduction to Psychological Testing and Assessment|
|Select six credit hours of Psychology courses not otherwise used in the major, three credit hours numbered 300 or higher:||6|
|Bachelor of Arts Foreign Language Requirement|
|Credit hours in one foreign language||12|
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Earn 12 credit hours in one foreign language.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.