Philosophy (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|PHL 219||Reasoning and Argumentation||3|
|or PHL 220||Symbolic Logic|
|or PHL 330||Topics in Ethical Theory|
|PHL 260||Philosophical Research||3|
|PHL 303||Ancient Philosophy||3|
|PHL 304||Modern Philosophy||3|
|or PHL 305||Topics in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Philosophy|
|PHL 308||History and Philosophy of the Natural Sciences||3|
|Select 12 credit hours 1||12|
|Second B.S. Degree|
|Completion of a second B.S. degree program 2|
Chosen from any Philosophy courses, Religion courses numbered 300 or higher, Humanities courses numbered 300 or higher, or other courses approved by Philosophy faculty.
A minimum of 15 credit hours in Philosophy courses numbered 300 or higher are required for the major.
Student must have previously declared their primary major.
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.