History with Teacher Certification (Bachelor of Arts, B.A.)
The Bachelor of Arts degree with Teacher Certification leads to certification to teach History in schools. Students who pursue this program should consider teaching as their immediate career goal.
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|HIS 140||American History to 1865||3|
|HIS 150||American History since 1865||3|
|HIS 200||Ancient and Medieval Civilization||3|
|HIS 210||Early Modern Civilization||3|
|HIS 230||Modern Europe: 1789 to the Present||3|
|HIS 290||The Historian's Craft||3|
|HIS 330||Recent United States History||3|
|or HIS 340||Recent European History|
|HIS 365||Methods of Teaching Social Studies||5|
|PSC 101||American National Government||3|
|PSC 110||American State and Local Government||3|
|SOC 110||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|ECO 260||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECO 261||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|GEO 100||World Geography||3|
|GEO 210||Geography of the United States and Canada||3|
|or GEO 320||Geography of Europe|
|PHL 219||Reasoning and Argumentation||3|
|PSY 101||General Psychology||3|
|Select fifteen credit hours of History courses with twelve credit hours numbered 300 or higher||15|
|Bachelor of Arts Foreign Language Requirement|
|Credit hours in one foreign language||12|
|Education Professional Sequence|
|Students must complete the Professional Sequence||36|
NOTE: A grade of C or higher must be earned in all major coursework, foreign language courses and Education courses in order to be approved for junior and senior teaching experiences.
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework, including History coursework not used within the major.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all foreign language coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.75, a major GPA of 3.0 and a minimum 3.0 GPA in Education coursework.
- Earn 12 credit hours in one foreign language.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.