History (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|HIS 140||American History to 1865||3|
|HIS 150||American History since 1865||3|
|HIS 200||Ancient and Medieval Civilization||3|
|HIS 210||Early Modern Civilization||3|
|HIS 230||Modern Europe: 1789 to the Present||3|
|HIS 290||The Historian's Craft||3|
|HIS 330||Recent United States History||3|
|or HIS 340||Recent European History|
|PSC 101||American National Government||3|
|SOC 110||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|GEO 100||World Geography||3|
|GEO 210||Geography of the United States and Canada||3|
|or GEO 320||Geography of Europe|
|PHL 219||Reasoning and Argumentation||3|
|Select fifteen credit hours in History with twelve credit hours numbered 300 or higher 1||15|
|MWSU Minor or 2nd Major 2||18|
Excluding HIS 365 Methods of Teaching Social Studies
A MWSU minor or a simultaneous MWSU 2nd major.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework, including History coursework not used within the major.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.