Technical Communication (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|ACT 102||Introduction to Web Page Development||3|
|ENG 302||Modern English Grammar||3|
|ETC 200||Introduction to Technical Communication||3|
|ETC 210||Introduction to Digital Humanities||3|
|ETC 316||Internship in Technical Communication||2|
|ETC 340||Content and Design for Technical Communication||3|
|ETC 401||Senior Portfolio||1|
|ETC 408||Technical Editing||3|
|ETC 420||Technical Documentation||3|
|ETC 421||Research and Practice in Technical Communication||3|
|ETC 424||Instructional Design||3|
|JOU 202||Reporting for the Media||3|
|JOU 204||Introduction to Broadcast Journalism||3|
|or JOU 328||Multimedia Authoring|
|SPA 100||Elementary Spanish I||3|
|or GER 100||Elementary German I|
|or FRE 100||Elementary French I|
|or CHI 100||Elementary Chinese I|
|SPA 101||Elementary Spanish II||3|
|or GER 101||Elementary German II|
|or FRE 101||Elementary French II|
|or CHI 101||Elementary Chinese II|
|SPA 200||Intermediate Spanish I||3|
|or GER 200||Intermediate German I|
|or FRE 200||Intermediate French I|
|or CHI 200||Intermediate Chinese I|
|Select 6 hours of electives from the following:||6|
|Introduction to Creative Writing|
|Creative Writing: Prose|
or ENG 386
|Creative Writing: Poetry|
|Introduction to Digital Photography|
|Web Content and Design|
|Media Law and Ethics|
|Intermediate Spanish II|
or GER 201
|Intermediate German II|
or FRE 201
|Intermediate French II|
or CHI 201
|Intermediate Chinese II|
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.