Economics (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|ECO 260||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECO 261||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECO 360||Intermediate Macroeconomics||3|
|ECO 361||Intermediate Microeconomics||3|
|Select one of the following: 1||3|
|Business Statistics I|
|Statistics for Economics and Social Sciences|
|Select two courses from the following Social Science grouping:||6|
|Economics of Health Care|
|Economics of the Environment|
|History of Economic Thought|
|Select two courses from the following Business Economics grouping:||6|
|Money and Banking|
|Business and Economic Forecasting|
|Select nine credit hours from Economics courses numbered 300 or higher and not used in the above groupings||9|
|Other Required Courses|
|SOC 110||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|PSC 101||American National Government||3|
|HIS 140||American History to 1865||3|
|or HIS 150||American History since 1865|
Or any other approved statistics course.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a 2.0 GPA in the Economics courses required to satisfy the major.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.