Speech Communication (Bachelor of Arts, B.A.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|COM 104||Oral Communication||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 215||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|COM 222||Communication Theory||3|
|COM 304||Media and Society||3|
|COM 305||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|or COM 324||Small Group Communication|
|or COM 334||Argumentation and Debate|
|COM 320||Research Methods In Communication||3|
|COM 338||Survey of Rhetorical Theory||3|
|COM 342||Intercultural Communication||3|
|or COM 345||Nonverbal Communication|
|COM 410||Organizational Communication||3|
|Select one Applied Learning course from the following:||2-3|
|Communication Internship I|
|Communication Internship II|
Department approved course
|COM 481||Senior Portfolio 1||1|
|Select three additional credit hours of Communication courses numbered 200 or higher||3|
|Bachelor of Arts Foreign Language Requirement|
|Credit hours in one foreign language||12|
Must be completed during the semester of graduation, except for Summer graduates who must complete the course in the Spring semester prior to graduation.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- No more than one D permitted in major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Earn 12 credit hours in one foreign language.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.