Communication (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses|
|COM 205||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 222||Communication Theory||3|
|COM 304||Media and Society||3|
|COM 305||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COM 320||Research Methods In Communication||3|
|COM 324||Small Group Communication||3|
|COM 338||Survey of Rhetorical Theory||3|
|COM 342||Intercultural Communication||3|
|COM 345||Nonverbal Communication||3|
|COM 410||Organizational Communication||3|
|COM 460||Internship 1||3|
|COM 481||Senior Portfolio 2||1|
|Electives - 12 credits from the following (minimum of 9 credits of COM courses)||12|
|Introduction to Strategic Communication|
|Interviewing Principles and Practices|
|Crisis and Risk Communication|
|Selected Topics in Communication|
|Reporting for the Media|
|Social Media Branding|
|Psychology of Gender|
Or other department approved course.
Must be completed during the semester of graduation, except for Summer graduates who must complete the course in the Spring semester prior to graduation.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- No more than one D permitted in major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.