Chemistry (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|CHE 111||General Chemistry I||5|
|CHE 120||General Chemistry II with Qualitative Analysis||5|
|CHE 310||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|CHE 311||Organic Chemistry Laboratory I||2|
|CHE 312||Organic Chemistry II||3|
|CHE 313||Organic Chemistry Laboratory II||2|
|CHE 321||Quantitative Analysis||4|
|CHE 326||Instrumental Analysis||4-5|
|or CHE 426||Instrumental Methods|
|CHE 370||Biochemistry I||4|
|CHE 380||Environmental Chemistry & Chemical Management||3|
|CHE 381||Physical Chemistry: Chemical Dynamics and Quantum Mechanics||3|
|CHE 382||Physical Chemistry Laboratory: Chemical Dynamics and Quantum Mechanics||1|
|CHE 383||Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics and Kinetics||3|
|CHE 384||Physical Chemistry Laboratory: Thermodynamics and Kinetics||2|
|CHE 441||Advanced Inorganic Chemistry||3|
|CHE 442||Inorganic Synthesis||1|
|CHE 490||Research in Chemistry 1||2|
|CHE 495||Seminar in Chemistry||2|
|Select one of the following:||5-6|
|Calculus with Analytic Geometry I: Differentiation|
and Calculus with Analytic Geometry I: Integration
|Calculus with Analytic Geometry I|
|MAT 177||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||5|
|MAT 287||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||5|
|PHY 210||University Physics I||5|
|PHY 211||University Physics II||5|
|CHE 445||Advanced Topics in Chemistry||3|
|or CHE 470||Biochemistry II|
To satisfy requirements, CHE 490 Research in Chemistry must consist of 2 credit hours on a single project that culminates in a single written report. The 2 credit hours do not have to be completed in a single semester.
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.