Natural Science in Biology (Bachelor of Science, B.S.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|BIO 105||Principles of Organismal Biology||4|
|BIO 106||Principles of Cell Biology||4|
|CHE 111||General Chemistry I||5|
|CHE 120||General Chemistry II with Qualitative Analysis||5|
|CHE 310||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|CHE 311||Organic Chemistry Laboratory I||2|
|CHE 321||Quantitative Analysis||4|
|CHE 370||Biochemistry I||4|
|MAT 132||Elementary Statistics||3|
|PHY 110||College Physics I||4|
|PHY 111||College Physics II||4|
|ESC 111||Physical Geology||4|
|Plus eight additional credits from biology courses numbered 300 or higher selected from the following:||8|
|History and Philosophy of the Natural Sciences|
|Introduction to Paleontology|
|Development of Federal Wildlife Law|
|Molecular Cell Biology|
|Biology Teaching Practicum 1|
|Biology Internship 1|
|Molecular Basis of Disease|
|Independent Research/Project 1|
No more than four credit hours combined of BIO 420, BIO 425, and BIO 450.
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.