Music (Bachelor of Arts, B.A.)
|General Studies 1|
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|MUS 100||Concert/Recital Attendance 2||0|
|MUS 101||Perspectives in Music||3|
|MUS 117||Theory and Analysis 1||2|
|MUS 118||Aural Training 1||1|
|MUS 206||Keyboard Proficiency I||2|
|MUS 217||Theory and Analysis 2||2|
|MUS 218||Aural Training 2||1|
|MUS 304||Form and Analysis||2|
|MUS 310||History of Music: Ancient to Baroque||2|
|MUS 311||History of Music: Classical to Modern||2|
|MUS 323||Music History III||2|
|MUS 336||Fundamentals of Conducting||2|
|MUS 355||Theory and Analysis 3||2|
|MUS 356||Aural Training 3||1|
|MUS 357||Theory and Analysis 4||2|
|MUS 358||Aural Training 4||1|
|MUS 404||Musical Techniques of the 20th/21st Centuries||2|
|MUS 490/491||Senior Recital||1|
|Select four credit hours of Music Ensemble courses||4|
|Select eight credit hours of Applied Music-Major Instrument courses 3||8|
|Select six credit hours of the following Music Electives:||6|
|Introduction to Computer Music Application|
|Chamber Music Performance: Brass|
|Chamber Music Performance: Keyboard|
|Chamber Music Performance: Percussion|
|Chamber Music Performance: Strings|
|Chamber Music Performance: Voice|
|Chamber Music Performance: Woodwinds|
|Entrepreneurship in Music|
|Topics in Music Literature: Chamber|
|Topics in Music Literature: Choral|
|Topics in Music Literature: Piano|
|Topics in Music Literature: Organ|
|Topics in Music Literature: Percussion|
|Topics in Music Literature: Solo Instrument|
|Topics in Music Literature: Solo Voice|
|Bachelor of Arts Foreign Language Requirement|
|Credit hours in one foreign language||12|
Music majors must take one of the following: HUM 203 Humanities: Ancient and Medieval or HUM 204 Humanities: Middle Ages to the French Revolution or HUM 205 Humanities: American Revolution to the Present or ENG 210 Approaches to Literature or ART 100 Introduction to Art or THR 113 Introduction to Theatre for NASM accreditation.
Six semesters required.
Applied Music-Major Instrument courses must be 200 level.
- Earn a minimum of 124 credit hours, including 60 from a senior college (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Earn 12 credit hours in one foreign language.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.