Early Childhood Education (Micro Credential)
The Early Childhood Education Micro credential was created due to a growing need for high quality education for children before reaching a PK-12 school. One way to increase the quality of early childhood programs is to offer courses to practicing day care directors and educators through a micro credential. This micro credential consists of early childhood courses that use Project Construct, a constructivist framework that encourages children to pose questions, explore, investigate, and defend their ideas through hands on experiences.
|EDU 300||Introduction to Early Childhood Education||3|
|EDU 334||Play-Based Instruction||3|
|EDU 314||Issues & Trends in the Education of Young Children and the Management of Programs for Young Children||3|
|or EDU 316||Organizing, Developing, and Managing Environments for Young Children|
|EDU 379||Project Construct Coaching Practicum||1|
1. A grade of C or higher in all courses.
1. Earn a minimum of 9 credit hours.
2. Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 in the required coursework.
3. Transfer coursework will not be accepted for a micro credential.
4. Degree-seeking students cannot earn a micro credential in the same area as their major, emphasis, or concentration.
5. Degree-seeking students must earn a minimum of 3 credit hours beyond their major, emphasis, concentration, and general studies requirements.