Law (Bachelor of Science in Law, B.S.L.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|LAT 101||Introduction to Law||3|
|LAT 115||Paralegal Studies||3|
|GBA 211||Business Law I||3|
|GBA 311||Business Law II||3|
|LAT 220||Legal Research||3|
|LAT 250||Legal Computer Applications||3|
|LAT 310||Legal Drafting||3|
|LAT 335||Interpersonal Conflict Resolution||3|
|LAT 420||Civil Rights Law||3|
|LAW 260||Criminal Law||3|
|LAW 410||Criminal Procedure||3|
|or PHL 232||Business Ethics|
|PSC 101||American National Government||3|
|PSC 110||American State and Local Government||3|
|PSC 210||Comparative Political Systems||3|
|Three credit hours from one of the following. Additional hours may be used as Restrictive Electives|
or PHL 450
or PSC 450
|Choice of a second major, minor, approved certificate OR twelve credit hours of Restricted Electives from the following:|
|U.S. Constitutional History|
|Philosophy of Law|
|Study Away in Criminal Justice & Legal Studies|
|Advanced Legal Research|
|Introduction to Philosophy|
|Reasoning and Argumentation|
|Selected Topics in Philosophy|
|Selected Topics in Peace & Conflict Studies|
|Gender and Politics|
|Interest Group Politics|
|American Political Controversies|
|Law and Politics|
|Total Credit Hours||90-95|
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.