Communication (Bachelor of Arts, B.A.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses|
|COM 205||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|COM 210||Presentational Communication||3|
|COM 222||Communication Theory||3|
|COM 304||Media and Society||3|
|COM 305||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COM 320||Research Methods In Communication||3|
|COM 324||Small Group Communication||3|
|COM 338||Survey of Rhetorical Theory||3|
|COM 342||Intercultural Communication||3|
|COM 345||Nonverbal Communication||3|
|COM 410||Organizational Communication||3|
|COM 460||Internship 1||3|
|COM 481||Senior Portfolio 2||1|
|Bachelor of Arts Foreign Language Requirement|
|Credit hours in one foreign language||12|
Or other department approved course.
Must be completed during the semester of graduation, except for Summer graduates who must complete the course in the Spring semester prior to graduation.
Program Graduation Requirements
- No more than one D permitted in major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
- Earn 12 credit hours in one foreign language.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.