Studio (Bachelor of Fine Arts, B.F.A.)
|Students must complete General Studies courses||42-47|
|ART 110||Beginning Drawing I||3|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 130||Introduction to Tools and Techniques||2|
|ART 140||Ceramics I||3|
|ART 160||Beginning Drawing II||3|
|ART 170||Three-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 205||Survey of Art History I||3|
|ART 229||Design Software Applications||3|
|ART 255||Survey of Art History II||3|
|ART 359||Photography I||3|
|ART 369||Painting I||3|
|ART 379||Sculpture I||3|
|Select one of the following options:||42|
Studio Art General Concentration
Art Therapy Concentration
|Select a minimum of forty-two credits from the following:||42|
|ART 257||Theory and Criticism of Visual Culture||3|
|ART 310||Intermediate Drawing||3|
|or ART 315||Illustration I|
|ART 329||Graphic Design I||3|
|ART 339||Printmaking I||3|
|ART 349||Interactive Design I||3|
|ART 494||Senior Seminar and Exhibit||1|
|Select six additional credit hours in Art History||6|
|Select fifteen additional credit hours in area of Applied Emphasis||15|
|Select five additional credit hours in Guided Art Elective||5|
|Select a minimum of forty-two credit hours from the following:||42|
|EDU 225||Educational Psychology||3|
|EDU 315||Psychology and Education of the Exceptional Child||3|
|EDU 420||Collaborating with Parents and Families||2|
|PSY 230||Psychology of Communication||3|
|PSY 240||Life-Span Developmental Psychology||3|
|or PSY 319||Child/Adolescent Psychology|
|PSY 300||Introductory Psychological Statistics||3|
|PSY 301||Psychology Research Methods||3|
|PSY 309||Abnormal Psychology||3|
|PSY 325||Psychology of Personality||3|
|SOC 310||Deviant Behavior||3|
|SOC 360||Sociology of Health, Illness and Medicine||3|
|Select three additional credit hours of Art History||3|
|Select six additional credit hours of Art Elective||6|
NOTE: The following courses should be taken early in the curriculum as they are prerequisites for courses in this degree: PSY 101 General Psychology, SOC 110 Introduction to Sociology, MAT 116 College Algebra, ENG 108 College Writing and Research or ENG 112 Honors Composition and Rhetoric, and COM 104 Oral Communication.
Program Graduation Requirements
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.