Applied Science, Sport and Fitness Management (Master of Applied Science, M.A.S.)
Dr. Paul Choi, Program Director
The Sport and Fitness Management graduate program is a comprehensive masters degree that prepares students to assume supervisory and administrative positions in sport and fitness settings, such as running health clubs and managing sport teams at all levels. Students learn business, sales and marketing skills as applied to the sport and fitness industry. The program also provides training in health and safety standards and public communication to foster professional growth. Graduates of the MAS Sport and Fitness Management program are well prepared for leadership positions and careers in facility and event management, college athletics, professional sports organizations, non-profit agencies, public/private/corporate fitness facilities, cardiac rehabilitation and community based/amateur athletic programs.
- Submission of application for admission to the MWSU Graduate School.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Health, Sport Management, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75.
- Application essay stating career goals and how this program fits into those goals.
- One letter of reference from an academic source.
- Applications are reviewed and approved by the MAS Sport & Fitness Management Graduate Admission Committee.
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Professional and Organizational Communications|
|Writing for Management and Supervision|
|Technical Communications Theory and Practice|
|MGT 603||Organizational Theory||3|
|MKT 605||Strategic Marketing||3|
|ECO 607||Managerial Economics||3|
|MAT 609||Technical Analysis for Decision Making||3|
|or PSY 515||Applied Univariate and Multivariate Statistics|
|MAS 695||Graduate Colloquium||3|
|Sport and Fitness Management Courses|
|SFM 525||Legal Aspects of Sport and Fitness||3|
|SFM 542||Facilities and Design Management||3|
|SFM 610||Leadership and Effectiveness in Sport and Fitness Management||3|
|SFM 651||Research Methods||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-6|
|Total Credit Hours||33-36|
- Filing an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- Official approval of required capstone.