Professional Skills (Graduate Certificate)
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Skills is designed to allow students to pursue and develop workplace skills that are highly valued by employers. Graduates will gain and understanding of business fundamentals, economics, project management, and skills-oriented training in communications, statistical analysis, and team work. The program’s professional components are designed to dovetail into present and future career opportunities that will help you gain an advantage in today’s increasingly competitive job market.
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Skills is designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their careers where a full MBA is not desired or required. This program is particularly valuable to recent graduates looking to gain a competitive edge in the professional job market, and anyone re-entering the workforce who is looking to refine professional and technical skills.
- Submission of application for admission to the MWSU Graduate School.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75.
|MGT 604||Organizational Behavior Management||3|
|MAS 695||Graduate Colloquium||3|
|Communication Skills - Select 2 courses from the following (6 credits)||6|
|Professional and Organizational Communications|
|Writing for Management and Supervision|
|Multilingual Graduate Writing|
|Technical Communications Theory and Practice|
|Proposal and Grant Writing|
|Professional Skills - Select 2 courses from the following (6 credits)||6|
|Foundations of Professional Ethics|
|Technical Analysis for Decision Making|
|Total Credit Hours||18|
- Filing an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
The Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program may be found online at www.missouriwestern.edu/finaid/gainful-employment-disclosures.