Cybersecurity (Master of Science, M.S.)
The Master of Science in Cybersecurity program provides a broad technical understanding of current and evolving technologies in cybersecurity with an emphasis on safeguarding IT infrastructures from attacks on hardware, software, networks and data repositories. The program equips students with security principles and practices they need to become security practitioners, managers and executives. Students will learn how to design, develop, implement, operate, and manage secure information systems and protect an organization's information assets. Students develop a practical understanding of the principles of data protection, network administration and security, cryptography, etc. The specialization also introduces students to the ethical, legal and policy issues associated with cybersecurity. Laboratory exercises are included in courses to enhance students' learning experience.
- Submission of application for admission to the MWSU Graduate School.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer information system, engineering or a closely related discipline from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Application reviewed and approved by the Cybersecurity Graduate Admission Committee.
|CSC 520||Advance Networking and Network Administration||3|
|CSC 550||Applied Cryptography||3|
|CSC 570||Ethical Hacking||3|
|CSC 580||Cloud Computing Security||3|
|CSC 590||Information Technology Project Management||3|
|CSC 615||Routing and Switching||3|
|CSC 625||Network Information Systems Security||3|
|CSC 630||Database Management and Security||3|
|CSC 635||Software and Computer Security||3|
|CSC 650||Information Assurance||3|
|MAT 609||Technical Analysis for Decision Making||3|
|Total Credit Hours||33|
- Filing of an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- Acquire an industrial certificate. (Appropriate certificates are determined by the Cybersecurity faculty)